The data entry screens for Items, Clerks and POS Terminals have been redesigned in Version 9.
Removal of support for old Uniwell POS terminal models has made it possible to simplify the Item data entry screen considerably …
- Programming options that are no longer relevant have been removed
- Commonly used options have been moved to the General tab for quicker access
- Tabs and layouts have been reorganised for more intuitive data entry
Clerks and POS Terminals
The Clerk and POS Terminal data entry screens have also been redesigned.
In this post we will consider some of the improvements to Screen Layout programming that will be included in Version 9.
Button Layout 2
Version 9 will include support for programming Button Layout 2 and other settings for the Transaction Area of the display.
Add/Modify Items and Clerk Captions
Version 9 will also include support for Adding or Modifying Items while editing Screen Layouts and an option to Update Clerk Captions.
Automatically Update PLU/Clerk Button Clerk Captions
Two new options have been added to Preferences that can be used to Update PLU Button and/or Clerk Button captions automatically. If you enable these options then whenever you edit an item description or a clerk name the buttons in your screen layouts will be updated automatically.
Welcome to the first in a series of posts that will provide a preview of some of the new features that will be included in Version 9.
The Modifiers feature of Uniwell AX/HX POS Terminals provides an elegant way to handle product variations. For example, a café may use modifiers to allow for small, regular, large and extra-large drinks – giving each variation a different price.
Version 9 will include support for programming the modifier messages used to identify variations of a product.
These modifier messages will also be shown in the drop-down lists when editing items making it much easier to setup modifiers for your products.
Item Sales by Modifier Report
An Item Sales by Modifier Report will also be included in Version 9 so that you can analyse your sales of product variations.
Your Point of Sale terminal is a vital piece of hospitality equipment. It allows you to maintain your menu and prices, ensures sales entry accuracy, acts as a communication hub between the front-of-house and back-of-house, and provides critical sales data for analysis. But did you know that your POS can be an active promotional tool? […]
via Don’t Miss the Promotional Opportunity That’s Right in Front of You — Uniwell4POS
Do you have a POS solution that allows you to properly analyse your business? Do you know what sales data to look for to help make marketing and management decisions? Your Point of Sale terminal is a pivotal component in the success of your hospitality venue. As we have considered in other posts on this […]
via How Uniwell Lynx Reports Can Help You Grow Your Business — Uniwell4POS
The Smart Reporting features in Uniwell Lynx v8 make it easier than ever to have the reports you want automatically sent to your email or smart device. Check out the new Dashboard Report in Version 8.
Upgrades to Version 8 Available Now!
Contact your Uniwell Lynx Reseller or Support Provider for more information or submit an enquiry via our Upgrades page.
We are pleased to announce the release of Uniwell Lynx v8!
Cloud-based POS reports without monthly fees! The Smart Reporting features in Uniwell Lynx v8 make it easier than ever to have the reports you want automatically sent to your smart device.
- New Dashboard and Weekly KPI Reports
- Read Sales Batches can be processed allowing data on all reports to be updated
- Read Sales jobs can be scheduled for automated report updates
- Email/Cloud format option added to Saved Reports (PDF/CSV/XLS)
- Date/time stamp in the filename of reports sent to cloud drives option added to Saved Reports
- Repeat Hourly option added to Scheduled Jobs
Build customer loyalty with promotions. Use advanced filtering to target your promotions to new customers, inactive customers, customers that have purchase a particular product and many other options.
- Advanced filtering to select the customers for your promotion
- Email your promotion with attachments direct to your customers or export a list of your selected customers for use with external software or online marketing solutions
Better Customer Account Management
Greater control over customer payment entry making it easier to reconcile your customer accounts.
- Customer payment entry enhanced to allow payments to be allocated to specific invoices
- Customer Statement format option added
- Activity: Shows all transactions for selected date range
- Outstanding: Shows only outstanding transactions
- New report style
- New Group Hourly Sales Report
- Average column added to Daily Sales Report
- Show Wastage option added to Item Sales report
- Cost column added to Item Wastage Report
- ‘Show customer points value’ option added to Customer Balances report
- Option to use regional long date format for date ranges on reports
- Option to show cost prices on Item/PLU/Barcode Price Lists
- Reorder Levels Listing
- Email address added to Customer Listing
- Price 1 added to Look Up PLU Listing
New POS Programming and Data Maintenance Features
- Date range and day of week options added to Mix and Match
- Tax programming (for AX/HX only)
- Upper/Lower Logo text programming (for AX/HX only)
- Function Texts added to Extract Program (for AX/HX only)
- Grid-style editing of Reorder Levels
- Group/Sort PLU pages simulated in AX/HX Screen layouts
- PLU/Barcode shown instead of Item Code in PLU selection grid when editing AX/HX Screen Layouts
- PLU codes expanded from 6 digits to 18 digits so that PLU codes longer than 6 digits no longer have to be entered as barcodes
- Security Level added to Clerks data grid
- Custom fields 1 to 4 added to Customers
- Automatic generation of PLU Code from Item Code for new items during Import Items if Item Code is a valid PLU Code and PluCode column not included in import file
Other New Features
- Launch VNC option added to Sales Terminals grid for HX terminals (requires 3rd party VNC software)
- Option to edit email subject and message when emailing Purchase Orders
- ‘Data grid filters on text fields assume % wildcard prefix’ option added to Preferences
- ‘Auto-populate PLU Code with Item Code when adding new Items’ option added to Preferences
Technology Phase Out
- Support for SX-6xxx/PX/EX/LX/NX series ECRs removed
Note: Version 8 can be purchased with downgrade rights to Version 7 if support for the above models is required
Thinking of upgrading your PC hardware, upgrading to Windows 10 or getting a new PC?
All of these scenarios can have an affect on electronic software licences. If you are using Uniwell Lynx with Electronic Licence Activation (ELA) then you need to follow the procedure below when upgrading your PC or transferring to a new PC so that you don’t lose your software licence.
- Deactivate your licence BEFORE upgrading your PC or transferring to a new PC
(Windows Start Menu > All Programs > Lynx Software > Uniwell Lynx vX Deactivate Licence)
- Upgrade your PC or install Uniwell Lynx on your new PC
- Start Uniwell Lynx and follow the prompts to Activate your licence
(You will need the original Licence ID and Password that was supplied with your software)