Now featured on our Recent Installs page – a Uniwell Lynx install at this beautiful, fresh food retailer.
Check out the page https://lynxsoft.net/recent-installs/ to look at some of the latest Uniwell Lynx installs.
We have been advised by the company that hosts our electronic licence activation server that they have recently enforced some security updates that may impact the activation and deactivation of electronic licences from older operating systems.
“Industry standards now require increased security in encryption protocols to keep data safe. We are legally-obligated to comply with these increased security requirements, and doing so requires changes to our hosting infrastructure.”
What Operating Systems are Affected?
Effectively immediately TLS 1.0 is no longer supported for secure connections to their licensing servers. Secure access to their licensing servers is only possible from systems that support TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2.
Here is a summary of the new operating system requirements:
- Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2 or newer with Internet Explorer 11 or newer is required.
- It is possible to use Windows Vista / Windows Server 2008 with Internet Explorer 10, but users may need to adjust settings on their computer to enable support.
- Windows XP / Windows Server 2003 R2 or earlier, or Internet Explorer 9 or earlier do not support the newer, required standards.
For operating systems that do not support TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2 the activation/deactivation processes may fall-back to a less secure connection method. However, if this fails the only solution will be to update the operating system to one that is supported.
Note: This change only affects activations and deactivations. Licences that were activated prior to this change will continue to function normally.
As part of their ongoing development, Uniwell Corporation release firmware upgrades for their AX/HX series POS terminals from time to time. These firmware upgrades include new features and/or fixes for known issues.
Your authorised Uniwell dealer can advise you about the firmware upgrades available for your system. However, it is important to check that firmware upgrades are compatible with the version of Uniwell Lynx you are using BEFORE upgrading. To assist with this we have added a firmware compatibility chart to the Supported POS Terminals page of our web site.
All Uniwell Lynx Licence Status pages have now been updated. Follow the instructions below to find out if you are entitled to a free upgrade to Version 9.
- Open your Uniwell Lynx software
- Go to Help > Licence/Subscription Status
Note: An internet connection is required to access your Licence Status page
- Check the Package entry on your Licence Status page
- If it is listed as Uniwell Lynx v9, Uniwell Lynx Enterprise v9 or Uniwell Lynx Lite v9 then congratulations you are entitled to a free upgrade to Version 9!
If you are entitled then contact your Uniwell Lynx Reseller to obtain your Version 9 licence. If not, then visit our Upgrades pages to find out more about the advantages of upgrading to Version 9.
We are pleased to announce the release of Version 9!
What’s New in Version 9?
- 10 New Programming Options
- Tare Table, Sort PLUs, Menu Levels
- Modifiers, Discount, Percentage
- Adjustment, Tip, Discount Coupon, Paid Out
- New Sales Reports
- Meal Deal Report
- Item Sales by Modifier Report
- Period Sales Reports
- Item Sales by Period Reports
- Enhanced Data Entry
- Redesigned data entry screens
- More range editing
- More powerful screen layout editing
- Performance Improvements
- And much more … click here for details
One of the keys to a successful retail business is in-depth sales analysis so you know what you are doing well and where you can improve. The sales analysis reports in Uniwell Lynx have been designed to help you do exactly that. Consider some of the new reports that will be included in Version 9 …
Period Sales Reports
The Daily Sales Report has been replaced by a new Period Sales Report with Daily/Weekly/Monthly options. These reports provide a way to quickly analyse sales trends over time and the optional charts make it easy to visualise the trends.
Item Sales by Period Reports
These new reports allow you to compare sales of particular items across 7 days, 7 Weeks, 7 Days of Week or 7 Months. Sales quantities, sales amounts or both can be shown on these reports and the summarise report option can be used to get an overview by supplier, location, POS terminal, group or price level.
Report Colour Scheme
As seen in the reports above Version 9 will also include a new Report Colour Scheme setting with three different colour options and one grayscale option.
Contact your Uniwell Lynx Reseller for more information about Version 9 or submit an enquiry via our Contact Us page.
The data entry screens for Items, Clerks and POS Terminals have been redesigned in Version 9.
Removal of support for old Uniwell POS terminal models has made it possible to simplify the Item data entry screen considerably …
- Programming options that are no longer relevant have been removed
- Commonly used options have been moved to the General tab for quicker access
- Tabs and layouts have been reorganised for more intuitive data entry
Clerks and POS Terminals
The Clerk and POS Terminal data entry screens have also been redesigned.